Tuesday, February 23, 2010

London Loves

Just a few things I love about London so far:

1. Getting called “love” everywhere I go…. Even in the most casual exchanges, just quick replies, like “sure love” “cheers love” “what can I do for you, love?” Love it.
2. Love love love Cadbury… but even more … the Nestle Aero. Oh my! If you come visit, I’ll gladly treat you to one… or two… or three … trust me, you won’t be able to resist either :)
3. Love the Starbucks at the office. Yes, I visit it daily… just about everyone does. It’s the culture here. I’ve tried a good selection of herbal teas so far… top favorites are Passion and Sweet Orange.
4. Love that the office has a “younger crowd” than Palo Alto – particularly love the young men. Admittedly, that’s not so HR-professional to declare, but there’s just something about these younger guys … with great style…darling accents… in sharp business suits…. Um, yeah….
5. Love when those guys stop by my desk and ask if they can buy me a “coffee”… um, yeah :)
6. Love London Fashion week… it’s happening right now & quite the buzz…
7. Love my new fingernails painted in “coral” (see note above, apparently, “coral” is a big color this season). So I really can’t remember the last time I actually painted my fingernails, and there’s just something that makes me happy as I glance down at my cute little fingers, typing away… with a bright color on the tips :)
8. Love some of the little new things: the “secrecy” button my office phone (aka mute), heating through the floor of my flat (walking around barefoot never felt so good first thing in the morning!), heated towel racks (heaven), the TK Maxx right next to my flat (a lifesaver!).
9. Love London laughter & humor. People over here seem a little bit “lighter”… not uncommon to laugh during work meetings… often several times a day. It’s great comic relief!
10. Love that everyone says goodbye … MULTIPLE times… at departure. It’s like they don’t want to leave just yet…and don’t want to let you go. So the goodbyes are always prolonged… sometimes awkward, but also endearing.


So, okay, that’s all for today … good bye… cheers… have a good one… talk to you soon… buh-bye love! :)

1 comment:

Ryan and Kiley said...

love love love love this post. especially the coral fingernails part. I don't remember your fingernails being painted in the program... mine are navy blue right now and I get the same feeling when I look down and type... maybe spring time I will get a coral color, but we are still singing the winter blues here in Minnesota!