I enjoyed a WONDERFUL week with my family in London & Paris! I promise I will post a complete entry with pictures and everything as soon as I get pictures (I was a little lazy with my camera & since my sister-in-law Jenny happens to have a great camera & is a fabulous photographer, I let her do all the work :) But yes, good good times & a great week away!
So everyone left on Friday afternoon & I must admit that I woke up Saturday morning, all by myself in my flat feeling a little lonely. So I quickly decided I would make my first trip ever to the London temple. By the time I figured out the routes ... and after a train, a bus, followed by another train & a taxi (about 20 pounds) ... I finally arrived at the temple...
And what a glorious site! Words simply cannot express the joy, comfort and love I felt. I was at Home. And as I sat in the celestial room, the words to one of my favorite songs echoed in my mind:
The sure provisions of my God
Attend me all my days;
O may Thy house be my abode,
And all my work be praise!
There would I find a settled rest,
While others go and come;
No more a stranger, nor a guest,
But like a child at home.
-"My Shepherd Will Supply My Need"



1 comment:
Kate-- what a beautiful picture of the London temple! I feel so blessed to have made the crazy trip to go find this beautiful place. Although I wasn't able to go inside that time, the grounds are so peaceful and incredible beautiful! So glad to hear you made the trip there!
Post a Comment